Hello, my name is Kaye Barney and I’m a fully qualified, individual and couples’ therapist. I hold a ‘Psychology BA honours degree’ and a foundation degree in Counselling. My training was completed through ‘Relate’ and ‘Tavistock Relationships’. I am also an accredited practitioner of ‘Therapy for Depression’.
My online therapy provides support with problems such as anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. Alongside help with intrusive thoughts, bereavement, eating disorders and relationship problems. However, no problem is too big or too small if you would like to discuss it.
How I can help you
I will help you explore what happens with intrusive thoughts; unpick unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaviour and encourage you to voice your hopes and fears. Together, we will work on helping you understand how you communicate more effectively, if required. We will try and identify what you would like to change along with helping you learn how to accept what you can’t and finding peace with that.
From the minute we start working together, I’ll help you feel at ease with my friendly, non-judgemental approach. I’ll give you time to talk about your problems in confidence and at your own pace. I will allow you space to be heard and help you find new ways of coping with whatever challenges you are facing.
I offer a holistic approach to helping you process your issues, by integrating –
- Your past – and how this impacts your current situation.
- Your present – understanding what’s going on for you right now.
- Your future – helping you choose and achieve a more comfortable way forward.
About my online therapy
My session are carried out via Zoom for both couples and individuals or by telephone for individuals. Which allows you to have your sessions in the comfort and privacy of your own space and eliminates the need to travel.
I may use a variety of counselling approaches dependent on your individual needs, such as: –
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – which works on uncovering, and creating, links between thoughts and behaviour.
- Psychodynamic – which explores the impact of the unconscious mind
- Systemic – which looks at the influence of the family and other ‘systems.
- Transactional Analysis – which draws on theories of personality, communications, and human development.
I am a registered BACP member, have a BACP Certificate of Proficiency, and work within the BACP Ethical Framework. I am fully insured, DBS certified, and take part in ongoing supervision and professional development.
If you would like to make an appointment to see Kaye please contact her via CBT & Counselling Kent today Request an appointment